Friday, May 2, 2008

Blog revival

Newsflash. I have decided to attempt to blog again. Yeay me.

I used to blog somewhat religiously, especially during my days in university, but that slowly but surely dwindled down to nothingness. Long daily posts turned into 3 to 4 shorter ones a week.. which turned into weekly posts... which turned into one or two updates a month if you're lucky... which then finally ended up with random, guilt-triggered posts to explain my disappearances and empty promises to update more frequently. Yes, I hang my head in shame. My blog used to get good hits, considering I'm a nobody. But all thanks to my own lack of discipline in updating content, my readers have long since stopped visiting my page (previously hosted on LiveJournal).

But in my own defense, my time has been consumed by... well, life. A lot has happened (a lot happened back then too, but somehow or other I found the time to blog!). However it is for my own reflections (and personal entertainment) that I should at least try to be less lazy and spend a few minutes to put some of my random thoughts and experiences to paper. I mean, pixels.

Then again... it's a weakness of mine to want to ramble on and on (and on... and on... and on...) and end up writing a 5-page essay on something that can be summed up in 2 sentences. And knowing that I can't keep my entries short is what makes me become too lazy to even start. Heh.

So this is my first attempt to keep this entry short. Somewhat. Here's to me and my resolution to keep writing.


Soundtrack: Dark Crystal movie playing in the background
Mood: Sleepy but inspired
Location: Living room
Random thought: I miss eating steaming hot jacket potatoes on cold mornings whilst rummaging through items at car-boot sales in London.

No comments: