Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009!

Happy New Year everyone!

It's currently 2.41am and I think tonight was one of the best year-end/new-year nights I've ever had! Received several invitations from friends to parties, barbecues or just simple hang-out sessions at their houses to welcome in the new year, but I decided to turn them all down to stay home because tonight, after quite a long time, is the first time my whole family is back in this Section 9 house of ours... all in one place, at the same time!

I woke up at 5.50am this morning to Amir's SMS informing me he'd landed in KLIA from Melbourne. So Izhar, Farah and I all got out of bed early to drive there and pick him up. The minute we were all in the car the conversation had no end. We decided to have breakfast at the Dawood mamak place in Sec.6 and stayed there until 8.30 chit chatting. After dropping everyone off at home I drove out again to the Shah Alam lake for a jog, then came back home, showered, had MY breakfast and rested for a bit.

Around 1.30pm we all went back out again, Farah to join her family for lunch and us three siblings to PJ as Izhar needed to go to the Digital Mall for some computer stuff. We decided to have lunch after at Bangsar, but got caught in the beginnings of the anticipated New Year's Eve traffic jam *groan*. Didn't matter too much to us really 'cuz we still had a lot of story-mory to do haha. Made a bit of a funny booboo when we tried to take a 'shortcut' via Universiti Malaya to get from PJ to Bangsar, but instead got asked by the guards to turn around and go out the way we came from. Not such a long complicated story but you had to be there to experience the funny so I'm gonna skip telling it here :P

After finally arriving in Bangsar, we had our lunch at Nirwana for some good ol' banana leaf rice, and Farah joined us again after her dad dropped her off. I had a RM50 Haagen Dazs voucher that I got from Shell and that expired 31st December '08 so we nipped into Bangsar Village's Haagen Dazs outlet to spend that. Definitely very nice to tuck into rich creamy branded ice cream on the last day of the year, eh? I only had to top up RM15 on the total bill so it was well worth it! Yeay!

Earlier tonight Izhar, Amir and Farah made another trip to the airport and this time it was to pick Mummy and Baba up, who arrived from their 40+ days Hajj trip. I really wanted to go along and greet them at the airport but the car would've been too full by then so I stayed home instead. They reached Shah Alam at around 12.15am and we all went to Syed mamak in Sec 11 for some makan before finally settling in back home, everyone with so many stories to swap and tell we all barely felt the tiredness from each of our long days!

So as I said... I think tonight's one of the best new year's nights I've had. Just the whole family in the living room yakking away. It's just too bad Izhar has to return to Melbourne already tomorrow night, as his course doesn't have a long break and he's already cutting some classes to be home long enough for Mummy, Baba and Amir to return. Sob. But hey, 2 days is better than nothing right!

Here's to 2009 (well technically we celebrated our Islamic new year 3 days ago already so... here's to 1430M too!). May my blessed, wonderful start to this year bring significance to a great year ahead, InsyaAllah.


Soundtrack: The sound of Amir showing his sky-diving videos to Mummy and Baba
Mood: Happy, blessed and content
Location: Family home, Shah Alam

No comments: