Sunday, January 25, 2009

Off to Karachi.... again

So I'm waiting for my flight, my second trip (and most likely last, on this project) to Karachi, Pakistan. I guess after going there the first time around I'm a bit less anxious about the whole trip since I've already seen and experienced myself the environment and the people there. I know there are still a lot of instabilities in areas such as Peshawar and Islamabad, but InsyaAllah Karachi will be safe :)

I'm a bit sad to miss out on all the Chinese New Year excitement this Monday and Tuesday... and all the open house invitations I had to turn down... all that yummy fooooood!!! But hey, there's lots of yummy food to look forward to in Pakistan as well so my tummy will still get its fill haha.

I had some suspense two nights ago when I started feeling crummy myself (after Mummy and Amir coming down with some form of viral fever, I guess it was inevitable I would catch something too)... so yesterday morning I immediately went to see the company doctor and asked for any prescription that would make me feel better ASAP! I didn't want to fly out to Karachi with a fever! I felt worse by the evening, but thankfully my fever broke last night... I was all hot I could feel my heat off my feet. I took my meds, slept early, and woke up this morning feeling much better. I'm still feeling some heaviness in my muscles and joints though, and the tickle in my throat is still there. But at least my temperature's not high and my nose isn't blocked anymore. Would've been totally, majorly sucky if I had to go on the plane with a blocked nose... that'll just kill my ears what with the pressure and all.

Yosh I better pack up now as boarding time is near. Final thing to leave you with:



I'm sooooo looking forward to Coraline!!!!!

Soundtrack: Live football playing on the TV in the lounge
Mood: Anticipative
Location: Emirates Lounge, KLIA
Random thought: Arrrrhhhhh my shoulders.

No comments: