Sunday, November 2, 2008

Terry Fox Run Kuala Lumpur

Mummy, Baba, Kelly, Muna, Ayman and myself (amongst thousands of others) participated in the Terry Fox Charity Run for cancer research this morning. It was held at the Lake Gardens in KL, and this is the first year that I'm taking part in the run and it was fun! Thousands of people participated, from the tiniest and cutest of babies (ANYAAA!!!!) to the oldest of grandmas.. people walking, running, roller-blading, cycling, in prams, in wheelchairs, from all walks of life. It's always a great feeling to be a part of a huge group of people united for a common cause.

Ah, and I cannot refrain from making a comment about all the eye-candy. OH MY GOD SO MANY GOOD-LOOKING BOYS/MEN. Hee. That was unexpected. Kelly, Muna and I were like "Wow... didn't expect there to be an added benefit to participating in this run, eh girls!". Ahh. Certainly was pleasant to the eyes, and made waking up early in the morning so much more worth the effort for us non-morning persons.

Shallowness aside. It's been aaaaages since I've gone to the Lake Gardens and I was quite pleased to see how it's so beautiful and peaceful there. I'm making a point to visit the garden more often after this, just for a morning walk, a picnic or something.


"Team Shell". Our company sponsored 100 employees
for the run hence we had to run with our brand ;p


Booyah. We who managed to wake up at
'ass-o-clock' in the morning, in the words of Izyan



Arriving at the assembly area


Muna changing t-shirt secara stealth. Sungguh skill.


Ayman and friends geared for the run in Kain Pelikat! Haha gile comel


Team Petronas. :P


Team Sime Darby brought a big flag (center, distance). Ish. Tercabar.


All gung-ho to start the run. L-R: Kelly, Muna, myself, Baba


The start was slow, as there were thousands of people squeezed onto a small footpath.
So it wasn't really a 'run'... everyone just walked! I only started my jog in the last 1.5km



Oooh lookie we're in London


Our not-so-power-walk included singing, silly walking, random sports-like
commentating, and sudden bursts into conga-line



I finished the run to find Baba (who was ahead) tucking
into ice-cream... ONE IN EACH HAND!!!



Muna made new friends


I like this picture of my parents :)



Soundtrack: Mogwai - Scotland's Shame
Mood: Feeling refreshed
Location: Hoxe's cafe
Random thought: Apparently I don't have a Googleganger. Every result (5 pages' worth) of 'Mufizah Moslim' in Google points to me. I feel so unique and special :p. Heh. Do YOU have a Googleganger?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When was this? Terry who? Oh well, I'll join next year in my stormtrooper suit. By the end of the race,I'm gonna really sweat like a pig on fire! Hahaha! :D

ps: I don't have a Googleganger too! Shucks!