Friday, December 12, 2008

I am a Grup

... but not of the Trekkie kind.

My friend Udjinn posted a link to this article on his Facebook account and I really liked the write-up, hence the decision to share :D

And copying here too my comment to him on his post:

" As I sit here in my MNC-office cubicle, wearing faded jeans, a Minus the Bear t-shirt, a frayed biker-esque crop jacket, iPod blasting out Mogwai to drown out the sounds of my colleagues on their work conversations, I realize I'm a Grup. I'm 3 years away from turning 30 but hardly panicking about it 'cuz I know at 30 I'll probably won't change much (aside from additional grey hairs popping up).

There ARE others younger than I am who've comfortably and happily molded themselves into 'adulthood' as we know it but.. somehow I don't see myself getting there.

What I've always wondered is, if/when I have kids... if there will come a day when they turn 18 and defiantly say "Mama. I want to study Physics" and I'll go "WHAT?!! But becoming a musician is SO YOUR CALLING! Now all that money I spent on that studio for you is going down the drain!! YOU LISTEN TO ME YOU FORGET ABOUT THAT SILLY SCIENTIST DREAM OF YOURS!"

Haha. "


Soundtrack: The S.I.G.I.T. - Let It Go
Mood: Cheery
Location: Office cubicle
Random thought: If the UAE can play host to great international acts like Queen+Paul Rodgers and George Michael.... why can't we?? *sniff*

No comments: